BROAD RIPPLE KIWANIS CLUB ACCOMPLISHMENTS
October 1, 2017 through August 31, 2018
Shortridge High School: International Baccalaureate
(3401 N. Meridian)
- Funded purchase of sheep hearts for science class
- Funded the purchase of materials for costume design
- Purchased electronic balances to enable accurate
measurement of mass in science experiments
- Helped fund the purchase of graphing calculators in
- Purchased microscopes
IPS #91 (Rousseau McClellan School, 5111 Evanston)
- Donated $1,000 to sponsor robotics club
- Funded music and aromatherapy project
- Purchased art supplies
- Purchased music supplies
- Purchased butterfly books
- Provided subscriptions to Scholastic magazine, and
purchased books about rocks
IPS #55 (Eliza Blaker School, 1349 East 54th Street)
- Purchased technology equipment to outfit a room for
a new teacher
- Purchased supplies on two occasions for the school’s
- Provided judges for the Science Fair
- Donated books signed by speakers at weekly
- Provided volunteers for Read Around the World and
donated books to the classrooms.
(Note: this school was in the process of changing to a
Butler Lab School, reducing its needs for the current year)
Broad Ripple Magnet High School
(1115 Broad Ripple Avenue)
- Provided two full sponsorships to enable students in
the Broad Ripple Choir to perform at Carnegie Hall.
(Note: this was the final year for this school to be open)
IPS #59 (Merle Sidener Gifted Academy, Kessler and
- Funded $2,100 to purchase equipment to enable the
school to have a drum line
- Funded Lego League @ $1,000
Midtown STEAM support through Techpoint Foundation for
- Funded $1,000 to sponsor Coder Dojo Hackathon
- Funded $1,654 to sponsor science camp enrollments
Service to Community
- Cleaned our adopted median at 70th and College on a weekly basis.
- Co-sponsored the clean-up of Broad Ripple Village on the first Saturday of every month.
- Sponsored the paper products recycling bin behind Einstein Bagels in Broad Ripple.
- Rang the Salvation Army bell at Broad Ripple Kroger for the 31st year in a row.
- Provided volunteers for the Broad Ripple Historic Home Tour.
- Provided volunteers for the Midtown Holiday Home Tour.
- Gave financial sponsorship to the Broad Ripple Historic Home Tour.
- Participated in the Broad Ripple Carnival.
- Hosted the seventh annual Pints for Half-Pints event on October 6, 2017, raising $25,000.
- Staged the event with 40 members and friends who volunteered.
- Held lunchtime auction, raising over $1,400.
Other Donations and Efforts
- Continued to support Haverford Little League, with $500.
- Donated $1,000 to support after-school STEAM programs of AYS.
- Continued to support STEAM-focused summer day camp scholarships at Jordan YMCA with $1,000 donation.
- Continued to donate to the Kiwanis International Eliminate project targeting the elimination of maternal and neonatal
tetanus, which is fatal to newborns.
- Donated $1,000 to Kiwanis Indiana District for the support of IU-Riley Hospital Child Life program.