Members participate in a variety of community projects to continue to make Broad Ripple a wonderful place to call home.
- We have provided volunteers to host the Broad Ripple Historic Home Tour every year since its inception. In addition, we have provided volunteers to the Midtown Holiday Home Tour and the Meridian Kessler Home Tour
- Riley Hospital for Children. We provide financial support as part of the long-term efforts of the Indiana District of Kiwanis, dating to the original construction of the hospital
- Broad Ripple Lights Up! We have participated in the holiday parade every year.
- Broad Ripple Carnival. We supported and participated in this family=oriented event
- SAWs project. We helped build an access ramp at the home of a low income, permanently disabled person, in conjunction with SAWs (Servants at Work).
- Broad Ripple Park. In conjunction with Friends of Broad Ripple Park, for 3 consecutive years, we have pulled invasive garlic mustard plants. We also have participate in the White River “Clean Our Watershed” project at the park.
- Go Fourth activities. We have collected donations of:
- School supplies to contribute to Midtown schools, to Brightlane Learning, and to Teachers Treasures
- Food for food pantries
- Books for Midtown schools and shelters
- Hats, gloves, and scarves for Midtown school students
- Broad Ripple Village Clean-up
On the first Saturday of every month, volunteers pick up litter and clean flower beds in the village.
- Tutoring Volunteers
Volunteers work with students in IPS schools either in the classroom or through after school programs.
- Read Around the World
This annual event occurs in the spring. Volunteers visit a local school to read with children in preschool and kindergarten classrooms.